Saturday, May 29, 2010

Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Butternut Squash Soup!

It snowed today here... Yes, SNOWED! So, quite honestly, I'm in no mood to cook.....

This is what I randomly found in my pantry and thought 'Why not??!'

1 Box of Gardennay Butternut Squash (500mL)
1 Box of Betty Crocker Garlic Mashed Potatoes* (2 packages inside)
*Requires: 2/3c. Hot Water, 1 1/3c. Milk & 2tbsp Margarine/Butter per package.
Bacon Bits
Kraft Tex Mex Cheese

In one pot start mashed potatoes (boil water, milk and margarine/butter then pull from heat and stir in packages (double recipe above for 2 packages) of dry potatoe flakes.

While the potatoes sit covered on the stove (on the non-hot side) start the soup in another pot on a low temperature.

Once the soup is hot, turn off the heat and get ready to eat!

I placed scoops of Mashed Potatoes onto the plate, poured some soup over it, grabbed a handful of cheese and sprinkled on top with bacon bits and there you have it!

A quick and easy pantry meal for dinner!


AND the kids ate it!!! With smiles and 'This is yummy, you should try it!' before I could scoop myself some!

1 comment:

JessLikesStuff said...

Yum. Good idea....I still can't believe it snowed where you are!