Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Chicken and Rice! Yum!

I was lazy these last few days.... Instead of planning meals while we at leftovers from our last few big meals I hung out with my kids... *L*

So this is what I had in my pantry.... And it turned out wonderfully! My kids even asked for seconds!

CROCKPOT!

Ingredients:
4 large Chicken Breasts (I had four small ones, anything will do really)
2 cans Cream of Chicken
1 can of Cream of Celery
1/2 Cup diced Celery
1 Stalk diced Celery (can you tell I forgot this part and added it in afterwards?)
2 Cups Minute Rice

Directions:
Mix rice and soup* and 1/2 Cup. Celery in crockpot. Place Chicken on top of mixture and sprinkle he rest of the Celery on them.

Cook on Low for 3-4 Hours or High for 2-3 Hours.

Serves 4 (add more rice, can of soup and extra chicken to make more servings!)

*Can use ANY cream soup. IE: Mushroom

Sorry all, this is the leftovers a few days later!

1 comment:

JessLikesStuff said...

This is a great idea. I'm always scared to cook with what I have in the house, but this is a good one, since you could probably add any cream-based soup and as many veggies as you have on hand! Nice!